If you really want to enjoy longterm pain relief, avoid surgery and pain medications, and have hope and healing, then we can definitely help you.
We are experts in regenerative medicine and, as the founder of the Tolbert Center, Dr. Glenna Tolbert has an extensive background that allows our team to treat any disability resulting from a disease or injury involving any organ system.
- Dr. Tolbert is a double board-certified physician who has specialized in physical medicine, rehabilitation and spinal cord injury medicine for 25+ years
- She teaches and publishes her approaches to regenerative medicine as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA’s David Geffen School Of Medicine
- She is certified by the State of California as a Qualified Medical Examiner (QME) for workers injured on the job
- Our staff has been trained to be bold when we have an idea that might save a patient’s life. We take those bold steps not just to be different—but for the love of medicine
Awards, Titles and Designations
- Dr. Tolbert was named one of the 36 woman physician leaders to know by the Kaiser Family Foundation
- Dr. Tolbert is a past president of the Association of Black Women Physicians
- Before she founded the Tolbert Center, Dr. Tolbert was the chief of the adult brain injury service in the neuro-trauma division at Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center
The philosophy here is to offer everything we can to help people be all that God intended for them, which is to be fabulous regardless of what your insurance covers.
Our goal is to remove the healing barriers and provide tools that help patients be their best selves.
When you want to get back to the active life you know you deserve, you need the true experts in regenerative medicine.
We have what it takes to help you enjoy longterm pain relief, avoid surgery and pain medications, and have hope and healing!
More about our team
Dr. Glenna Tolbert, MD
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Doctor
- Graduate of UCLA
- Completed medical school at Howard University’s Medical School
- Interests: Carpal tunnel syndrome, neck pain, back pain, sports injuries, industrial/work injuries, herniated disc, pinched nerve, arthritis, stroke, brain injury, concussion
- Received the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Outstanding Tutor Award in recognition of the exceptional quality of her teaching in the problem-based learning component of the human biology and disease medical education curriculum
- As a young girl, Dr. Tolbert was diagnosed with scoliosis and she was told that she would never be able to have kids or have an active lifestyle
- As a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, she knew that she could apply the medical practices she had learned over the years to her own pain.
- She now has three sons, she dances ballet and she lives with no pain
Dr. NaNotchka Chumley, D.O., MPH
Primary Care Doctor
- Graduate of Western University of Health Sciences
- Licensed physician and surgeon of osteopathic medicine
- Before receiving training in family medicine at USC/California Hospital Medical Center, Dr. Chumley received her master’s degree in public health from Tulane University
- A powerful patient advocate
- Interests: disease prevention, diabetes, hypertension, asthma, HIV/AIDS, obesity, general health and wellness issues